Friday 30 December 2011

For the sake of Auld Lang Syne


It's almost New Year's Eve and if you're anything like us you'll be looking forward to a good old knees up to celebrate the coming of the New Year.  The team at Simply Nectar and What On Earth will all be celebrating in different ways and I in particular will be dressing up in a fancy dress costume to see in 2012.  I haven't decided what I'm going as yet...perhaps a piece of fruit or a bottle of Simply Nectar?!

Now, I've been celebrating New Year's Eve since I was small and every year the classic New Year song, Auld Lang Syne, is always sung out with pride.  I try to join in but to be honest I never know the words.  I can join in with the chorus but that literally is about it.  I thought I would take it upon myself to learn the words this year so my friends don't have to listen to me singing the same line over and over again.  If you're like me and you don't know the words either take a look at this.  It could help you...

Should auld acquaitance be forgot,
And never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaitance be forgot
And auld lang syne!

For auld lang syne, my dear,
For auld lang syne,
We'll tak a cup of kindness yet,
For auld lang syne!

Well, that's pretty much it!  I can't believe I didn't know those few lines.  I believe the old Scottish version has many other verses but to be honest, at the parties I've been to anyway, the song never seems to get that far.  I think revellers are more interested in kissing each other and getting on with the party than singing Auld Lang Syne!

So, there we have it; the lyrics of Auld Lang Syne so you can all sing your hearts out tomorrow night.  I hope to hear your voices wherever you are in the world.

Have a fabulous New Year's Eve everybody and a happy and healthy 2012.


Courtesy of Simon Howden / freedigitalphotos.net

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Simply 2012

Simply Nectar

No comments:

Post a Comment